The bank is taking this action to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees.
Danbury, CONN. (March 18, 2020) – In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in order to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Union Savings Bank President and CEO Cynthia C. Merkle announced that effective today, Wednesday, March 18, the bank will offer banking transactions via the drive-up at 23 of its 25 office locations and temporarily suspend access to its lobbies. The Roxbury and Washington Depot offices, which do not have drive-ups, will offer limited-hour access by appointment only. Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), online, mobile, and telephone banking will remain available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“The health and safety of our customers, our employees, and the communities we serve are of paramount concern to all of us at Union Savings Bank,” said Merkle. “As such, we feel it’s necessary to close our lobbies at this time to limit personal contact and potential exposure to and spread of the Coronavirus.”
Merkle said that this is one more precaution that the bank has taken in combating the Coronavirus. Others include:
- Our branches and office locations are being cleaned thoroughly every day and our cleaning team is also taking extra precautions by sanitizing surfaces and ATM machines.
- All USB team members have been educated on preventative actions they can take, e.g., hand washing, and cough and respiratory etiquette, etc.
- We are limiting the number of face-to-face meetings, choosing conference calls as safer alternatives.
- We are actively communicating with our customers and staff to keep them informed and established a dedicated Coronavirus response page, which can be accessed at https://www.unionsavings.com/security/coronavirus-response/. This page is updated regularly.
Merkle stressed that customers have several ways to access the bank including online at www.unionsavings.com, mobile and telephone banking, as well as ATMs (both walk up and drive-up). Applications are available online for residential mortgages, HELOCs, loans and most deposit accounts.
Union Savings Bank also offers USB People Pay as an online banking tool so customers can send or receive money without having to visit an ATM or write a check. For more information, please visit https://www.unionsavings.com/personal-banking/convenience-banking-products/usb-people-pay/
Customers can contact Union Savings Bank by accessing the following:
- Customer Service Center: available during regular business hours toll-free at 866.872.1866 Inquiries can be submitted online via online chat found on the bank’s website. USB encourages all customers experiencing financial hardships to contact the bank.
- Business customers: can stay connected with the USB Business Mobile App and USB Business Online.
- The USB toll-free Telephone Banking number is 800.860.6670.
- Via email at contactUSB@unionsavings.com
“To assist consumer and business loan customers who are financially impacted by COVID-19, we also have created the USB Temporary Loan Modification Program through which our loan customers may defer the principal payment portion of their monthly payments for a period of up to six months for those customers who qualify.” Customers may call the bank’s Special Assets Department at 203.791.7240 or their Union Savings lenders for details.
Consumers and businesses also have access to the following resources:
- Consumers: The State of Connecticut has set up an information line about COVID-19 for consumers, which can be accessed by dialing 2-1-1.
- Businesses: The State of Connecticut has set up an information line about COVID-19 for businesses, which can be accessed by calling the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) hotline at 860-500-2333. Additionally, the Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance, low-interest rate loans to small business customers in Connecticut. To find out more, businesses can visit the SBA site https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19.
About Union Savings Bank
Established in 1866 and headquartered in Danbury, Conn., Union Savings Bank is a $2.2 billion mutual bank dedicated to being the bank of choice. As a full-service financial institution, Union Savings Bank provides banking, mortgage, investment, trust and insurance products throughout western Connecticut with 2 offices in Bethel, Brookfield, Canton, Danbury, Goshen, Kent, Litchfield, Marble Dale, Monroe, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Southbury, Torrington and Washington Depot. The bank provides financial services to individuals, businesses, not-for-profit organizations and government entities through its commercial, residential and consumer lending, corporate services, retail banking and wealth management divisions. Please visit www.unionsavings.com for more information. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.
Community Relations Contact:
Union Savings Bank