Union Savings Bank HELOC
Your Home Equity Line of Credit can do even more with Flex HELOC
You already know that a Union Savings Bank home equity line of credit can work hard for you, but did you know that it can work even harder? With a new Flex HELOC¹, you can lock in a fixed rate for 5, 10 or 15 years – or more.² From home improvement projects to paying for college, a Flex HELOC from Union Savings Bank gives you the flexibility you need to get things done.
USB Flex HELOC
- Fix your rates³ on up to 4 balances⁴ at a time
- Lock in all or a portion of your existing line of credit
- Use your Flex HELOC how you need it, when you need it
What Documents Do I Need to Apply for a HELOC?
- Fully completed application
- Copy of Mortgage (if USB does not hold first mortgage)
- Copy of recent first mortgage monthly statement (if not USB to verify taxes and insurance)
- For non-self-employed borrowers: two most recent pay stubs, two most recent W-2s
- For commission/bonus employees: two most recent pay stubs, two most recent W-2s
- For self-employed borrowers: signed copies of last two years’ tax returns (all pages and schedules)
SECURE DOCUMENT UPLOAD AREA
- Click on the “Login” button below
- If you already have an account, continue to log in; new users will need to create an account by hitting the “Register” button in the middle of the page
- Once you log in, select the “Compose” tab, and using the dropdown menu in the “To” field, select “HELOC Department” from the list of options
- In the subject line, please reference your last name
- Attach any required documents and hit the “Send” button to submit your supporting documents
- You’ll receive an automated reply confirming receipt of your email
Mortgage & Home Equity Loans FAQs
What is a Home Equity Line of Credit or HELOC?
A home equity line of credit (HELOC) allows you to borrow at low interest rates using the equity in your home as collateral. Home equity lines of credit are an attractive option because the funds can be used for anything – home improvement, debt consolidation, boat purchases and more.
What types of home improvements qualify for a Smart E loan?
o 80% of the total cost of the improvement must be directly related to energy savings such as:
o Equipment replacement energy efficient furnace, hot water heater
o Natural gas conversion
o Solar PV and hot water systems and electric vehicle recharging
o 20% of the total cost of Energy Improvements can go towards Energy and Health-Related measures that are not on the eligible measure list, such as:
o Asbestos or lead remediation
o roof repair
o New ENERGY STAR® appliances
What are the advantages of a Home Equity Line of Credit?
Because home equity lines of credit are secured by the equity in your home, they often have an attractive low rate. HELOC interest payments may also be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
How long is a Home Equity Line of Credit valid?
HELOCs have a 10-year interest-only draw period, followed by a 10-year repayment schedule.
*Rates are subject to change without notice. The rate is a variable annual percentage rate (APR) that is an index which is the US Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal and will change along with changes in the index. Maximum rate is 18.00% APR. Requirements to obtain this rate include a middle score of the three scores received from the consumer reporting agencies of 700 or above (note: if there is more than one borrower, the lowest middle score of all borrowers will be considered), maximum CLTV of 80%. There is also an annual fee of $75.00, and a processing fee of $500.00 which is waived with monthly automatic payments from a USB checking account. There are no application, attorney or appraisal fees for loan amounts of $250,000 or less. Property insurance is required. All loans and lines of credit are subject to credit approval. Union Savings Bank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC.
¹FLEX Conversion Options available for new home equity lines with application dates on or after October 1, 2019.
²Term may be 60, 120, 180, or 228 months. Lock period cannot exceed Loan Agreement Maturity date.
³Rates will be based on an externally published index plus a margin. The precise index and margin will depend on the Term of the Lock that you select.
⁴Limit of 4 Locked Balances per line. Locks can only be made during the draw period. Each Locked Balance must be at least $15,000. Separate payments will be required for each lock. A fee of $75 will be charged upon locking each Balance. Loan must be in good standing to be eligible.