Smart savings with the future in mind
An easy and smart way to pave the way to the future you want, with a low $25 minimum opening balance.
Essential Savings Account Features
- Earn interest
- Low $25 minimum opening balance
- No $3 monthly service fee when you maintain a minimum daily balance or have an Essential Checking account1
- USB Debit Card
- Real-time fraud monitoring and alerts for your USB Debit Card
- Debit card controls within the USB Mobile App so you can control spending, review transactions and reduce chance of fraud
- USB Online Banking
- Mobile check deposit with the USB Mobile App
- No charge to use USB ATMs with your USB Debit Card
- Free paperless eStatements
- Free automatic transfers from your USB checking account
- Can be used as overdraft protection for your checking account
- Free paper statement for primary owner 60 years or older
- Always excellent customer service
Or visit a branch or call us at 866.872.1866
Manage your bank account with ease
With USB Digital Banking Tutor, you can learn how to use our online and mobile banking products so you can better manage your finances wherever you are, anytime you want.
Your Future Starts Now
We can help you focus on your life stage financial planning journey, whether you’re just getting started or well on your way. Our FutureTrack website can help you get thinking, but come in and see us – we’ll discuss your goals and help you reach them.
- Annual Percentage Yield (APY)*
- Interest Rate
- Frequency of Rate Change**
- Interest Compounding
- Interest Credited
- Minimum Balance To Open Account
- Minimum Balance To Earn APY
¹ There are 3 ways to waive the $3.00 monthly service fee: Maintain a $300 minimum daily balance during the statement cycle; OR account holders who are 18 years of age or younger or 60 years of age or older; OR primary owner of Essential Savings is an owner of Essential Checking account.
UNION SAVINGS BANK RATE DISCLAIMERS
*Fees may reduce earnings
**Rates may change after the account is opened
You may make up to six (6) pre-authorized or telephone transfers per statement cycle. If you exceed this limit during any cycle, additional fees will apply.
Annual Percentage Yield: Assumes interest remains on deposit in your account to maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings.
Variable Rate Accounts: The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change as often as daily, at our discretion.
Interest Accrual: Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Balance Computation Method: We use the daily balance computation to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Substantial penalty for early withdrawal from CD accounts, please refer to the Consumer Deposit Agreement.
Penalty may affect principal balance.
Simple: Simple interest is paid and interest is not compounded.