Paycheck Protection Program Applications
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A LIMITED TIME. Until May 13 at 5:00 p.m. EST, we are accepting a limited number of new applications from existing USB business customers for the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). While we will do everything we can to process your application quickly and successfully, due to limited availability of the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program funds, we cannot guarantee we will obtain SBA approval for all applications we accept.
Help us process your application quickly by providing both a completed application (including all required initials and signatures) AND the necessary supporting documents noted below at the same time.
Due to demand and limited SBA PPP funds, we may choose to suspend acceptance of new applications at any time.
We will review completed applications on a first come, first served basis.
Applications will be accepted for USB customers who have had business loans or deposit accounts with USB as of March 31, 2020. If you are not an existing USB customer, we advise you to contact your current financial institution for assistance.
Borrowers who have questions concerning eligible and ineligible expenses should consult their accountant.
For general information on the program including terms associated with the loan visit the Small Business Administration website.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Get the application
Go to U.S. Treasury site to download and complete your application
- Follow the checklist
Using the checklist below, as well as the Paycheck Protection Program Information Sheet for Borrowers, gather the required documents that you will submit with your application
- Submit your documents
Upload your application and all required documents to our secure server following the instructions provided below
Union Savings Bank Customers
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Required Documents and Certifications Details
- Completed SBA Paycheck Protection Program Application
The application can be found by visiting the U.S. Treasury webpage, click here
- Employers with employees on payroll:
Required payroll information: A detailed list, by employee, of the preceding calendar year documenting payroll and related expenses as well as information demonstrating the borrower had employees for whom the borrower paid salaries and payroll taxes on or around February 15, 2020.* In addition, borrowers will need to show how the average monthly payroll was determined. All eligible expenses (capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee) to be accounted for:
- Salaries, wages, commissions, payment of cash tip or
- Employee benefits including costs for vacation, parental, family, medical or sick leave;
allowance for separation or dismissal; payments required for the provisions of group health care benefits including insurance premiums; and payment of any retirement benefits
- State and Local taxes assessed on compensation
- Sole Proprietors:
Required information: A detailed list, by employee, of the preceding calendar year documenting wages, commissions, or income, capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee (including any benefits), as well as information demonstrating the borrower had employees for whom the borrower paid wages, commissions or income on or around February 15, 2020*.
EXCLUDED Payroll Costs
- FICA, Medicare, Railroad retirement taxes, and federal withholding taxes
- Any compensation of an employee whose principal place of residence is outside of the United States
- Qualified Sick leave and Family leave wages for which a credit is allowed under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Independent Contractors and Self-Employed Individuals:
Required Information: Copies of any and all 1099-MISC forms received from payors as well as business records showing gross self-employment earnings received from the preceding year, capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis.
* VALID DOCUMENTATION WOULD INCLUDE: payroll processors records, payroll tax filings (e.g. 940, 941, 944), Form 1099-MISC (for applicants filing as independent contractors), income and expenses from a sole proprietorship (e.g. 2019 1040 Schedule C), a 2019 Schedule K-1 Form 1065 for partnerships and S-corporations. For borrowers that do not have any such documentation, the borrower must provide other supporting documentation, such as bank records, sufficient to demonstrate the qualifying payroll amount.
To upload your Payment Protection Program application and supporting documentation please follow these instructions:
- Click on the login button below in the Secure Document Upload Area
- If you already have an account, great, continue to login
- New users will need to create an account by hitting the ‘register’ button in the middle of the page
- Once you login, select the Compose tab and using the drop down menu in the “To” field select “SBA PPP Apply” from the options. Type the name of your business in the subject line and attach your application and supporting documents
- Hit the send button to submit your completed application and supporting documents
- You will need to fully complete the application, including any required initials and signatures, then scan it, prior to uploading
- If you want to save your work, hit the Save Draft button and come back later to upload your application and documents
- That’s it, we’ll reach out to you after we have reviewed everything
Once your completed application and documents are submitted we will call you after we have had time to review. There is no need for you to follow up with us, we’ll reach out to you after we have reviewed everything.
We know you’ll be anxious to get a response. Please be assured we have a full team dedicated to handling these applications and are moving as quickly as possible to take care of all of our customers. The best thing you can do is to make sure you have followed all the instructions outlined in the PPP Checklist above and submitted all documents requested.
If you have questions, please contact your business lender, local branch manager or call us at 866.872.1866.
SECURE DOCUMENT UPLOAD AREA
This section is for USB customers to securely submit SBA's Paycheck Protection Program applications and supporting documentation.