- October 5 – 9 at 8:30 a.m. EST: USB ATM deposits unavailable
- October 5 – 9 at 8:30 a.m. EST: USB ATM/Debit Cards can be used but may have withdrawal limits and balances will be unavailable
- Branches open normal business hours
- 3:00 p.m. EST: Remote check deposit unavailable
- 5:00 p.m. EST: Online Banking and Mobile Money access unavailable
- 11:00 p.m. EST: Telephone Banking access unavailable
- All branches closed
- No access to Online, Mobile or Telephone Banking
- October 7: Customer Service Center open 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
- October 8: Customer Service Center closed
- 8:30 a.m. EST: Access the new Online Banking system, Telephone Banking System, and download new USB Mobile App for your updated banking experience
- 8:30 a.m. EST: USB ATM/Debit Card deposits and account balance details will be available (Account balance details will be available on October 10)
- Branches resume normal business hours. Customer Service Center starts expanded hours. See below for full schedule.
What is changing?
NEW TOOLS TO ENHANCE YOUR
MOBILE BANKING EXPERIENCE
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: WHY IS UNION SAVINGS BANK UPGRADING THEIR SYSTEM?
We are making an upgrade to our banking software to bring enhancements and new features for an overall improved and more enjoyable banking experience for you.
Q. WHEN WILL THE SYSTEM UPGRADE HAPPEN?
- The system upgrade weekend will begin at close of business on Friday, October 6, and will continue throughout the weekend.
- The upgrade will be complete and branches will resume normal business hours on Monday, October 9.
- Customer service center starts expanded hours. See below for full schedule.
Q. WHAT WILL THE CUSTOMER IMPACT BE THROUGHOUT THE UPGRADE WEEKEND?
- Closing at normal business hours on Friday, October 6
- Closed on Saturday, October 7, and Sunday, October 8
- Resume normal business hours on Monday, October 9
- Access will be unavailable as of 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6
- New Online Banking system will be up and running on Monday, October 9, at 8:30 a.m.
USB MOBILE BANKING
- The ability to deposit checks remotely will be unavailable as of 3:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6
- USB Mobile Money access will be unavailable as of 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6
- New USB Mobile App will be available for download on Monday, October 9, at 8:30 a.m.
- Telephone Banking will be unavailable on Friday, October 6, as of 11:00 p.m.
- New Telephone Banking system will be available on Monday, October 9, as of 8:30 a.m.
- October 5 through October 9, at 8:30 a.m., USB ATM deposits will be unavailable
- USB ATM/Debit Card activity and balances will not be reflected in account balances Oct. 5 – 9 at 8:30 a.m.
- USB ATM/Debit Card can be used for transactions and purchases but daily card limits may be affected October 5 – 9, at 8:30 a.m.
- It is important to keep track of card activity until Monday, October 9, when the upgrade is complete
- You will only have access to your primary account.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER AVAILABILITY
- Saturday, October 7, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 9, through Friday, October 20, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 14 and 21, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 15 and 22, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- After October 22, we will resume our normal hours:
Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., and
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays
ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING
Q: WILL I NEED TO RE-REGISTER FOR ONLINE BANKING?
No. Your username will remain the same. But, you will have a new temporary password. See pages 8 – 9 of the update booklet for detailed instructions to follow. Please contact us at 866.719.6654 with questions.
Q: HOW DO I LOGIN TO THE NEW ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM THE FIRST TIME?
See pages 8 – 9 of the update booklet for detailed instructions.
Q: ARE THERE ANY SECURITY FEATURES THAT MAY BLOCK MY ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT ACCESS?
Yes. To protect your account, we have implemented an advanced security feature.
If our system sees an irregular pattern or different IP address (meaning perhaps you are trying to login on a different computer than you usually use) it will pause the login process and require a one time security code be input before you can login. To obtain this one time security code we will either send it to you via text to the mobile number we have on file or we will call you at the number we have on file. You will be required to enter the one time security code before accessing Online Banking.
Q: WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT ABOUT THE NEW ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM?
See pages 6 – 7 of the update booklet for complete details on the new features.
Q: HOW WILL BILL PAY BE IMPACTED?
Bill Pay will transfer over during the upgrade and all scheduled automatic payments will be carried over. If you’ve signed up for e-Bills, more information will follow.
Q: WILL I CONTINUE TO RECEIVE eSTATEMENTS?
Yes, if you are currently enrolled in eStatements you will still be.
Q: HOW CAN I ACCESS MY OLD STATEMENTS?
Statements will be transferred over to the new system, so you can access your old statements in the same fashion as you would currently from your Online Banking account statement section.
Q: HOW LONG WILL MY eSTATEMENT RECORDS BE VISIBLE?
The previous 18 months of your eStatement history from the old system will convert over to the new system. Your eStatement history will continue to be available for a rolling 18 months and downloadable via pdf to save for your permanent records.
Q: WILL I HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP?
Yes. The new USB Mobile App will be available for download from the Apple App Store or Google Play on Monday, October 9, at 8:30 a.m. To use USB Mobile Banking, you will be required to delete the old USB Mobile Money App and download the new USB Mobile App.
Q. HOW DO I ENROLL IN USB MOBILE BANKING?
Go to Online Banking and successfully login. Download the new USB Mobile App. Login to USB Mobile with your Online Banking User ID and Password, then answer the security questions when prompted and you will be enrolled in USB Mobile Banking.
Q: WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT ABOUT THE NEW MOBILE APP?
You will be able to view account balances, make transfers, pay bills with Bill Pay, pay your friends with USB People Pay, make a mobile deposit and much more.
Q: WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT ABOUT THE NEW USB PEOPLE PAY?
With our person to person payment service, you can send money to nearly anyone with an email address or mobile number, even if they are not a USB customer. There is a $300 limit to the per send amount. If you need higher limits call the Customer Service Center at 866.872.1866.
Q – I have a joint personal checking account and my husband is the primary account number, would I have to use his last 6 digits of his social to log in for the first time on the new system?
No, if you had online banking access before then you would use the last 6 digits of your social to log into the new system.
Q. How do I find the ACH Templates and ACH Company Entitlements?
ACH Templates and ACH Company Entitlements are not yet showing on the Business Online profiles. Please check back on Wednesday, September 27, for an update.
Q. How do I update Intuit Quicken/QuickBooks and Mint for the System Upgrade?
- Mac System Upgrade
- Online System Upgrade
- Windows System Upgrade
- Mac 15-16 System Upgrade
- Mac 2007 System Upgrade
- Windows System Upgrade
Q. WILL MY TRANSACTION HISTORY CONVERT OVER TO THE NEW SYSTEM?
Yes, your transaction history will convert over as is.
Q: WILL MY ACCOUNT NUMBER(S) CHANGE?
No, your account number(s) will remain the same for your checking, savings, loan(s), HSA and/or retirement accounts.
Q: HOW WILL THE UPGRADE IMPACT MY FUNDS AVAILABILITY?
Funds availability will not be impacted.
Q: WILL USB CONTINUE TO AUTOMATICALLY DEDUCT SCHEDULED PAYMENTS, BILLS, AND LOAN PAYMENTS FROM MY ACCOUNT?
Yes, automatic and recurring payments are carrying over to the new system with no additional action needed from you. However, you should verify the transfers by logging into Online Banking.
Q – What is an External Transfer?
An external transfer is a transfer (usually reoccurring) that a customer has set up where funds from their internal UBS accounts is transferred to an external account.
Q: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SCHEDULED DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PAYROLL OR SOCIAL SECURITY GOING INTO MY ACCOUNT?
Nothing. Automatic and recurring deposits are carrying over to the new system and will continue to deposit as usual.
Q: WHEN WILL FUNDS FROM DEPOSITS BE AVAILABLE?
There will be no change to the current funds availability policy.
Q: WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES TO STATEMENTS?
While the account and transaction information that is displayed will stay the same, the statement graphical look and feel will change. Additionally, the statement cycle for all personal deposit accounts, including combined statements, will end on the last business day of the month. All current deposit and loan customers will receive a statement dated October 6, 2017, prior to the upgrade.
Q: WILL I RECEIVE A NEW USB ATM AND/OR DEBIT CARD?
No, you can continue to use your existing USB ATM and/or Debit Card. If you experience any issues with your cards during the system upgrade weekend, please contact us at 866.872.1866.
Q: WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES TO CHECKING ACCOUNTS?
Classic Student Checking: You will receive a total of eight free non-USB ATM transactions posted to the account during each statement cycle for the first five years of the account.
Relationship Checking: You will now receive a total of eight free non-USB ATM transactions for all of the Relationship Checking accounts that you may have during the qualification period.
- Minimum daily balance calculation will now be based on a qualification period which is defined as the day after the statement date through three business days prior to the current statement date.
Q: WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES TO SAVINGS ACCOUNTS?
Relationship Savings: Requirements to receive the premium interest rate are changing. In order to receive the variable interest rate, you must have a Relationship Checking product, AND must meet one of the following two requirements with a Relationship Checking product during the qualification period:
1. One direct deposit made in to the Relationship Checking account, or
2. Ten USB Debit Card transactions (point of sale)
- Minimum daily balance calculation will now be based on a qualification period defined as two business days prior to the last statement date through three business days prior to the current statement date.
Certificates of Deposits (CD’s) Laddered CD’s. Your account will be converted to a Statement CD with the same term; you will continue to receive the rate of your Laddered CD until maturity, and then it will renew into the standard Statement CD rate.
Passbook Savings Accounts There are no changes for customers who currently hold passbooks.
Vacation and Holiday Club Accounts Disbursement of Funds: Disbursement will now be via paper check. Checks will be cut on May 15 for Vacation Club accounts, and October 15 for Holiday Club accounts.
Regular Checking and Interest Checking (existing account holders only): The minimum daily balance calculation is changing and will be based on a qualification period defined as the day after the statement date through three business days prior to the current statement date.
Q: WILL MY IRA ACCOUNT NUMBER(S) CHANGE?
Q: WILL MY LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER(S) REMAIN THE SAME?
Q: WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO USE MY HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT?
Q: WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES TO HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS?
Upon initial login, your Online Banking history will not display the individual transactions of your account. Instead, your HSA plan totals will be displayed, e.g. distributions, current year contributions, fees. Moving forward, your transaction history will continue to be built and displayed. Additionally, you can reference previous statements for full transaction information.
During our system upgrade, from Thursday, October 5 until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, October 9, your HSA Debit Card activity will not be reflected within your account balance(s), and you will be unable to request a balance inquiry at the ATM. However, you can continue to use your HSA Debit Card during this time period. Please note that your daily card limits may be affected. It will be important for you to keep track of your card activity and understand that your balances may be impacted by any pending purchase authorizations.
Q: CAN I CONTINUE TO USE MY EXISTING USB CREDIT CARD?
Yes, there will be no disruptions to credit card usage.
Q: HOW WILL BILL PAY BE IMPACTED?
Bill Pay will transfer over during the upgrade and all scheduled automatic payments will be carried over. If you’ve signed up for eBills, more information will follow.
Q: WILL MY BILL PAY HISTORY CARRY OVER?
Yes. Please note that your Bill Pay history will not be available upon your first login as it will take a few days to carry over.
Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PREPARE TO USE THE NEW BILL PAY SYSTEM?
All of your current bill payees will carry over to the new system. We do recommend printing a copy of your bill payees for your personal validation.
Q: WILL THERE BE ANY DISRUPTION OF POPMONEY SERVICES?
Yes, you will be able to make transfers to people in both mobile and online banking until the USB Mobile Money access will be discontinued at 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, October 6. The new USB Mobile App will be available for download from the Apple App Store or Google Play on Monday, October 9 at 8:30 a.m. To use USB Mobile banking, you will be required to delete the old USB Mobile Money App and download the new USB Mobile App. Please note that the name Popmoney will be changing to USB People Pay.
USB ATM/DEBIT CARDS
Q. WILL THERE BE ANY DISRUPTION WITH EXISTING ATM MACHINES?
Yes. From Thursday, October 5 until Monday, October 9 at 8:30 a.m. you will not be able to make a deposit at a USB ATM. Additionally, your USB ATM/Debit Card activity will not be reflected within your account balance(s), and you will be unable to request a balance inquiry. However, you can continue to use your USB ATM/Debit Card for transactions and purchases during this time period. Please note that your daily card limits may be affected. It will be important for you to keep track of your card activity and understand that your balances may be impacted by any pending purchase authorizations.
To access your account information through Telephone Banking, you will now need to enter your full deposit and loan account number, followed by a four-digit pin. The pin is associated with the individual account. The pin will initially default to the last four digits of the primary account owner’s Social Security number or tax identification number, then, for your protection, you will be asked to change the pin to a unique value.