USB Popmoney FAQ's
1: What is USB Popmoney?
Use USB Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or owe – it’s the easy way to send and receive money directly from your Union Savings Bank account. Pay your rent or send money to your kids away at college – it’s safe and secure and all you need is an email address or mobile phone number.
2: How do I begin using Popmoney? To begin using USB Popmoney, simply enroll in USBonline BillPay and click the Popmoney tab in the Payment Center to make payments.
Not a USBonline customer? Sign up now.
3: How does USB Popmoney work?
To send money, simply sign on to USBonline and go to Bill Pay. In the Payment Center, you will see the Popmoney tab. We’ll notify you when your USB Popmoney transaction is complete. USB Mobile Money customers can also send money using their smart phones. Just download the USB Mobile Money App in your phone's App Store.
To receive money, you'll receive an email or text message that someone is sending you money. All you have to do is sign on to USBonline to enroll with Popmoney® one time. After you enroll your Union Savings Bank account with Popmoney and set up Auto Deposit, the money will be sent to your account and deposited.
4: What’s the most important thing I should know about the new USB Popmoney service?
The upgraded USB Popmoney service will be even easier for you AND your friends and family to use. You’ll enjoy a better, more powerful user experience. Most excitin of all, your person-to-person payment network just got significantly bigger –the Popmoney®personal-payment network includes 1,400 U.S. financial institutions. It’s easier for you and easier for your friends and family to send and receive money safely and securely in just a few simple steps.
5: Will my previous ZashPay® transaction history still be available?
Yes, any transaction history or stored contacts will still be accessible in Popmoney.
6: Some of my friends and family bank outside the “network” and used zashpay.com directly. What will this mean for them?
Those who have already enrolled at zashpay.com will be directed to go to popmoney.com after the upgrade. Those users will have to update their username, but their password will remain the same. All other information will carry over.
People who do not use a bank or credit union in the Popmoney network can use the Popmoney service at the upgraded popmoney.com.* There, they can send and receive money just as you do here at Union Savings Bank.
More good news – it will be easier than ever for your friends and family to get the money you send. They can use the “Quick Deposit” feature to deposit the payment without going through the full enrollment process, although they may choose to enroll as well. You can even send money directly to a financial institution account, so your recipient doesn’t have to do anything.
7: What are the new features?
The upgraded USB Popmoney service will offer several new features. You will now be able to:
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!® ,Gmail®)
- Send money using an account number, in addition to using an email address or mobile number
- Add multiple email addresses and mobile numbers for any contact
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or “To Do List”
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access the largest person-to-person payment network for financial institutions, with 1,400 participating banks and credit unions.
8: How secure is USB Popmoney?
From the moment information is sent to USB Popmoney to the time it is stored and accessed again, it is encrypted using industry leading software, hardware and algorithms. Security is also utilized at specific points and actions in the product. For example, to help prevent an unauthorized person from fraudulently depositing someone else’s payment, one-time passcodes are used. For every initial payment to a new email address or mobile phone number, a one-time passcode is sent to the user. The user must provide that passcode back to Popmoney to verify his “ownership” of that mobile number or email address before he can deposit the payment.
9: How fast can I send and receive money with USB Popmoney?
With USB Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day.
However, in some cases it may take longer:
- If you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment.
- If you exceed your next-day payment maximum limit, then we will deliver payments within three business days. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.
- If you exceed your monthly payment limit, you will need to wait until the next payment processing period to complete the additional transactions. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.
10: How will payment limits be handled under the upgraded service?
Limits apply to the amount you can spend per transaction, per day and per month, as well as to total outstanding payments. You can always check your limits by going to the “Send Money” screen within the Popmoney service and clicking on the “Help” icon next to the “Amount” field.
Transfer Limitations. Except as provided herein, all Transfers to and from an account are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such account as set forth in the account agreement governing such account. Your ability to transfer funds from your checking, statement savings and money markets is limited by federal law as stated in your Deposit Account Agreement. By law there may be a maximum number of transfers from these accounts per monthly statement cycle initiated on your computer (or by means of phone, wire or preauthorized transfers).
11: Will I be paying any fees?
Fees won’t be changed at the time of the upgrade. You will receive the upgraded features for the same $1.00 fee that you pay to send money today.